Since the last few years Mi is known for making only mid range or budget phones. The last flagship phone from Mi launched in India was Mi 5 in 2016. This is a sort of comeback to premium segment for Mi. Mi 10 is one premium looking smart phone. Both front and the back of the phone are curved and made of glass while the frames are metallic. Front and the back are protected with gorilla glass 5.In terms of weight Mi 10 is about 208G and a bit heavy but is pleasing to hold.
- Getting to the display the Mi 10 features a stunning 6.6 inch display, FHD+, Super AMOLED and has a tiny little punch hole cut out at the top corner.
- It has excellent color reproduction and a good amount of brightness. Furthermore under the color scheme option in the settings you can change the color profile from warm to cool tones, there is a dark mode as well which works amazingly on this screen. It comes with customisable always on function.
- Mi 10’s display has curved edges. Xaiomi has a regular FHD+, HDR10+ display with 90hz refresh rate.
- Mi 10 has a great performance with snapdragon 865 chipset, 8GB ram and 256GB of storage. It has 4780mAh battery with 30W fast charging. In terms of specifications, its just up to the mark with all other flagships out there.
- Speaking of camera, it has a quad camera setup with 2MP depth sensor, 108MP of primary sensor, 2MP macro lens and 13MP ultra wide angle camera. It even has an anti flicker flashlight. In the front you have 20MP Selfie punch hole camera.
- So talking about the camera features there’s steady video option, you can shoot videos with 8K resolution. The other modes are a short video, slow motion, portrait, night and various other modes.
- Now we come to the reason, why buy this phone?
- Uncompromised speed with snapdragon 865
- 108 MP camera.
- Curved AMOLED FHD+ display with 90 hz refresh rates.4. 128/256 GB UFS 3.0 storage.
- Fast charging/fast wireless charging/reverse wireless charging. So basically you get all the features of those 70,000 plus phones in this phone which costs below 45,000.
- Not a head turner, a bit on the bulky side.
- MIUI is a bit of a downer, though it has got its share of fan following, would prefer vanilla android experience.
- No 3.5 mm jack
It faces a tough competition with Oneplus 8 Pro, Moto Edge Plus, Realme X50 Pro, Vivo X50 Pro but at the price to performance ratio, Mi 10 has balanced it really well. If you like big phones, with solid performance and don’t mind the MIUI on top you should go for it.
- Watch our full review video
- Buy the product from us