Vivo released their all new flagship X50 series which you can see here and the other 2 are x50 pro and pro plus. The Vivo X50 comes in the price bracket of Rs.35000/-, whereas the more premium X50 pro with Gimbal camera is priced around Rs.50000/-
Today we will be talking about the Vivo X50, let’s get into it if it’s a good buy or not!
1. Specifications: Up front there is a 6.56-inch AMOLED display that pushes a full HD plus resolution of 2376 by 1080 pixels, what makes it special however is the fact that this panel has a 90hz refresh rate, so you are guaranteed a smooth and responsive swiping experience. In the top left corner of the screen there is a tiny punch hole that houses the 33MP Selfie Camera that you can use to click selfies as well as face unlock.
2. Design and Display : On the right side we have a volume and power button and, on the bottom, we have a sim tray, you can insert 2 Nano Sims and then there is a Type-C port and speaker grill. There is no headphone jack in this you can use a type c to 3.5mm connector for that. Overall, the design is really good I love the frosted color back which I think is really cool.
3. Performance, Software & UI: One small gripe with Vivo phones is the Funtouch OS. We would prefer if this phone had stock android. So here we can see Funtouch OS with android 10 version and 2.2GHz Snapdragon 730 Octacore processor, with 8Gb ram and 128 Gb of storage which can easily let you zoom through your everyday tasks without any hitch. We can also see that there is an on-screen fingerprint scanner, which is fast & responsive. Also have always on function and many other little animations. The face unlock also is blazing fast as is usual with Vivo phones. Not best for gaming, but still it stands its own against other handsets in the same price range.
4. Battery: This has a 4200mah battery which supports 33-watt fast charging, which can easily last for more than a day with moderate to heavy usage.
5. Cameras: For photography you’re getting a quad camera system at the back with a 48 megapixel with an f/1.8 aperture lens this camera also comes with optical image stabilization there is also a 13 megapixel portrait camera with two times optical zooming as well as an 8 megapixel ultra-wide camera and a 5 megapixel macro camera this camera comes with several modes like time-lapse, slow-mo, AR and many other features. Overall, the camera performance is good and it can stand its own against Samsung galaxy S20s, and Huawei P30 Pros. The pictures clicked through this phone turned out to be very crisp & clear.
Overall, I would like to say that it has a smooth performance with a great camera quality, I loved the looks of the phone which is lightweight and the amazing texture and the color. In all, this phone is a good buy if you want decent performance with a superb look & feel, but if you can compromise on build quality & looks, you can find better performing phones in this price range. But in the end, I personally prefer a balance in ergonomics & performance, which I feel this phone is really good at doing. Wish it has stock android.