It is not brand new information to anyone that drinking water has numerous benefits for our health internally as well as externally. How many times an actress or a model has shared that beauty secret that they drink lots of water to keep their skin glowing? And How many times you have followed their advice? But it is not all about glowing skin, it is about the overall health of the body that drinking water keeps our normal body temperature, prevents us from many diseases, and keeps our body organs working properly.
So, Stop for a while and listen to your body signals and let’s find out you are drinking enough water or not. Here are the 5 signs that will tell you that you need to buckle up and do not allow your body to dehydrate.
- Dry Mouth
- Dark Colored Urine
- Dry Skin
- Urinating and Sweating less than usual
- Feeling Very Thirsty
- Dry Mouth – Yes! If your mouth is dry, the color of your tongue is whitish and your lips are chappy then you need to increase your water intake. Drink at least 8-10 Glasses of water a day.
2. Dark Colored Urine – It is the best way to find out that you are drinking enough water or not. There are urines of brownish, yellowish, and pale yellow colors and it is an indicator to increase the glass of water you are drinking till you get colorless and odorless urine.
3. Dry Skin – If your skin is getting dry more than usual and your face is showing white dry spots, you have to improve your hydrating game immediately. It is your skin that is signaling that enough water is not getting to your body.
4. Urinating & Sweating less than Usual – Normal person urinates 6-8 times a day and it depends on the intake of liquids but if you are urinating less than 5-6 times a day, you really need to take more liquids. Also, if you experience sweating is less than usual then, it is time to increase your water intake.
5. Feeling Very Thirsty – It is one of the easiest ways to find out that if you are feeling very thirsty, it means your body is not getting enough amount of water.
5 Ways How You can keep your body dehydrated
- Use Alerts on Apps – There are various applications like Healthify which send notifications to your phone or your smartwatches to drink water every 2 hours. It is a great way to get reminders to drink water and keep your body hydrated.
2. Increase Liquid Intake – I have heard some people that they do not like the taste of water and I always advise them to flavor the water. Increase your liquid intake in the form of milk, juices, soups, and shakes.
3. Drink more water during the day – If you are planning to drink more water so make sure you are drinking more water in the daytime rather than at night. It is more beneficial that way.
4. Eat more fruits – Eat more water and nutrients rich fruits and vegetables in your daily routine. Approximately every fruit consists of 75% of water and it is a great way to keep your body hydrated by enjoying different fruits like watermelon, muskmelon, mango, and strawberries.
5. Avoid Caffeine and alcohol – It is very important to avoid such things which dehydrate our body faster like caffeine products and alcohol.
Collecting Souvenir by Manali Jain